- Home-Start wants to see a society in which every parent has the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life.
- A consortium of eight local schemes, Home-Start Surrey is committed to promoting the welfare of all local disadvantaged families.
What Home-Start offers
Working together with families in support of family life we aim to increase their confidence and independence by:
- Providing a volunteer with parenting experience to visit parents with young children at home
- Offering support, friendship, practical experience and a listening ear
- Reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual and encouraging enjoyment of family life
- Encouraging the parents’ strength and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of the children
- Encouraging families to widen the network of relationships and effectively use support and services available within the community.
We provide home based parenting support to disadvantaged and vulnerable families, if they have at least one child under five, to enable them to have a good start in life, by offering them support and help from volunteers who are themselves parents. They are all highly trained, and offer emotional and practical help that is free, confidential and non-judgemental. They work to tested and high quality standards and procedures and all volunteers are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. They empower the families to develop strategies to manage their difficulties, enable them to gain confidence in their parenting ability and encourage them to access local services and networks within the wider community.
Visit the other pages in this site to find out more about us and how you can support us, see how you can become a volunteer or find support, how to contact us and explore links to our Schemes.