Why we need your support
Less than half of Home-Start Surrey’s funding comes from statutory sources. So we rely heavily on the generosity of individual donors, trusts and business partners to enable us to reach all the families in our area that need us. And it all starts with people just like you.
By donating to our Building Better Futures for Children Appeal, we can continue to transform the lives of local children who are facing adversity and hardship. Together, we can ensure that there is a home-visiting volunteer available for every local vulnerable family that needs one.
Home-visiting volunteers offer vital support, friendship and practical help in many different ways. Support is always tailored to the family’s individual needs and circumstances.
For example, a home-visiting volunteer may:
- Help a mother and her children who have been subjected to domestic abuse, gain trust and confidence and rebuild their lives
- Offer a sympathetic ear and emotional support to a mother who is suffering from severe post-natal depression
- Support parents who have little or no help with a child who has a disability or special needs
- Comfort bereaved parents who are struggling to cope with every day routines
- Give practical help to parents with prolonged or life threatening illness
- Offer guidance to parents who are struggling with early parenthood
- Provide practical help for parents with everything from housing or employment applications to showing them how to cook a nutritious meal
How your donations will help
We warmly welcome all offers of support, large or small. As you’ll see from the examples below, even the smallest amount can help us to enrich the life of a disadvantage family by helping us to meet day-to-day costs:
- £10 covers a volunteer’s expenses for a month
- £30 provides support for a family for a week
- £400 provides annual safeguarding training for our volunteers
- £1,250 supports a family with a home-visiting volunteer for one year
- £2,500 funds one local training course to prepare 10-12 volunteers to support families that need our help
Many of the families we support live in areas of deprivation and have little or no income. They can’t afford the pleasures in life that many of us take for granted. So as well as home-visiting support, we offer families the opportunity to escape their situation for a while and to have fun together through organised events and day trips. Without your financial support, these events would simply not be possible:
- £500 helps us to host a Christmas party for families and buy gifts for the children. For some children, these may be the only presents they receive all year
- £800 funds a Summer outing to Bocketts farm
- £2,250 allows us to take over 40 families on a memorable trip to Marwell Zoo
Whether you choose to support the Building Better Futures for Children Appeal through fundraising, volunteering, donating online or by offering to mentor us, your support is invaluable.
Get your business involved!
We already work with some incredible local companies who help us to make a difference to vulnerable children across the county. If your company would like to get involved with Home-Start Surrey we would love to hear from you! Here are some ways you can:
- Make us your Charity of the Year
- Encourage staff to fundraise for us
- Donate through Payroll Giving
- Donate Gifts in Kind
- Sponsor our volunteer training programme or one of our family days out
Whether you are looking for employee engagement through fundraising and events or a longer term strategic relationship, your company can derive significant benefits through partnering with us and helping us to change the lives of vulnerable children for the better. A charity partnership with Home-Start Surrey will help us deliver our core work and ensure we can continue to provide support to over 750 local families and 1600 children.
This is a great way to dedicate your company’s annual fundraising efforts to an excellent cause. By encouraging your employees to work together to raise funds, you can build team spirit and raise morale while building your reputation as a company that is passionate about helping children have the best start in life.
Your time is as valuable as a donation to us
Our Building Better Futures for Children Appeal is not just about money. There are so many other ways your company can support Home-Start Surrey and make a real difference to our work. Here are just three:
- Staff Release – by allowing one member of staff a couple of hours off a week to help us, you will be providing invaluable support to a local family
- Mentoring – by sharing your knowledge, experience and skills to help us develop staff and trustees or to guide us through key areas of our work
- Spreading the word – by encouraging your staff to promote Home-Start Surrey’s work within their local communities and on social media
For more information on how we can work together and tailor the ideal partnership to suit your company please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who would you like to support?
If you would like to support children in a particular area of Surrey, please contact the local Surrey Scheme of your choice here.
Home-Start Surrey, Vernon House, 28 West Street, Farnham GU9 7DR
Registered charity no. 1154913 Company limited by guarantee no. 8619881
©2016 Home-Start Surrey